Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

date, baby, date

So I have a second date with E tomorrow night.  He responded to my thank you email the day after our three hour coffee date, and mentioned getting together again.  We decided on Saturday night, which was slightly surprising.  It seems like so often these days people don't want to sacrifice valuable weekend real estate time for such early on (online) dates.  When I suggested the weekend in the first place I made a joke along those lines and asked if he wanted to take the gamble.  He responded that he preferred weekend dates schedule wise (me too!) and that he didn't consider it a gamble at all.  :-)

We are doing the age old classic of dinner and a movie, and I have to say that I am nervous, and it's weirding me out.  I'm almost never nervous for dates!  I feel like a fluttery teenaged girl anticipating/worrying about how the almost always awkward first kiss will go, or if it will even come up.  I don't know how these things go anymore, truly.  I've had dates where the chemistry was instant and we ended up making out furiously on the first date, and I've had scenarios where I've gone out with someone anywhere from 2-6 times without a kiss. 

It's so strange how much it varies, and how every situation is different, and how you can never plan for anything like this.  I have no idea what I'm wearing.  I'm wondering if my hair will behave.  I'm wondering if I'll feel more comfortable being my slightly more touchy, flirty self yet. I'm fretting about all sorts of nonsense, I tell you. 

Sidenote:  I'd told him about my love of miniature golf, and about my favorite course in the area.  He told me we would have to date at least until spring so he could challenge me to a mini golf match at this venue, which I thought was cute.  :-)

So there you have it.  A second date.  Saturday night. 

4 comments:

  1. He sounds adorable. Being nervous is good! I say this because that's what I've been told as I venture and play in the dating pool. Sometimes the nervous is bad because you don't really want to go but this sounds like the good, fun kind of nervous. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's definitely an excited nervous, which is good. We'll see how it goes. :)

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! Just relax and have fun. And don't worry about kissing -- if anything, holding back will keep him on his toes and make him more intrigued and eager to ask you on date #3!

    P.S. Are you talking about Top Golf? That's an insane course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I should relax, but hey, I would like a kiss. :) I think. Unless he suddenly turns me off tomorrow somehow LOL.

      I'm talking about Woody's in Herndon actually, though I enjoy the Top Golf courses for something closer!

      Delete