Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

March Madness

No, this post isn't about college basketball.  ;-)  To me, the best part of March Madness is the special All Personnel lunch we have to mark the occasion and the special Happy Minute (weekly end of Friday pizza and beer event) where they give us margaritas one time a year!  

March has generally been a little bit crazy, though, so it seemed fitting.  I ended up buying a plane ticket home for March 24-27.  My grandfather was doing very poorly and it just seemed like a good idea.  He's doing better, but it's still not a bad thing to see everyone another time before May.  The ticket was pretty reasonable and it's a direct flight thanks to Southwest Airlines.  I'm going on this trip solo, but BF will still be joining for the family reunion visit in May.

Beyond that, we somehow got suckered/conned/emotionally manipulated into adopting a THIRD cat. I'm not a crazy cat lady....right???  :-)  BF and J were very excited about this notion, and I got caught up in the wave.  The new cat came from a rescue and is 8 years old.  He's currently hanging on his own in the spare bedroom for the time being, as per the recommendation of the rescue folks.  I'm not sure how long that will last, but it's what we're doing for the time being.  The cats are all getting used to each other's smells by hanging out near either side of the door, plus by smelling the others on us. Hopefully the transition will go well!

I have a big training session I'm conducting tomorrow at work for the rollout of some departmental changes, so that should be interesting as always.  It's for all four offices.  Looking forward to getting that over with and getting people used to all the changes after.  

Weekend was very busy with all the cat stuff on Saturday and Sunday.  Then I got a wicked migraine late in the afternoon on Sunday and it basically wiped out the rest of my day.  It's mostly a painful blur, but I didn't get anything done that I wanted to...laundry, my usual sunday home manicure, miscellaneous house stuff.  I went to bed very early and slept in the room with the new cat.  Glad I had the early bedtime since he woke me at 4.  :-o  Yawn.

I am NOT a fan of Daylight Saving Time in the mornings, but I do appreciate the lighter later evenings.  That part is a perk.

I'm going to go heat up some soup for lunch and zone out for the rest of my lunch break!


1 comment:

  1. I hate that when I wake up in the morning it's still dark! I think I would rather it get darker earlier? Maybe? Hope you can zone during lunch!

    ReplyDelete