Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

the collapse continues

My originally super busy week is collapsing further today at word that my trainer had to cancel my session tonight.  I am decidedly unsurprised!

In lieu of his session, I'm going to go to Target to pick up my copy of "Man Up" by Ross Mathews, which came out today.  I'm going to his book reading/signing Thursday, so I need my copy in hand!  Also, I will be picking up the actual CD of The Great Gatsby soundtrack.  Target is doing one of their exclusive editions with extra songs on it, so I'm going to take advantage and just rip it into my music collection this evening.  Love having new music to look forward to!

I ordered my other two books last night via Amazon and they will arrive Thursday:  "The Potty Mouth at the Table" by Laurie Notaro, whose books routinely make me laugh out loud like a crazy person on the train and "Don't Worry, It Gets Worse" by Alida Nugent, aka The Frenemy blogger.  Interested to see how that one is! 

Last night I went to the store and picked up a few things for smoothies, Cheerios, some steamer veggies and some new and hopefully delicious hummus chips of some sort.  I may utilize my Target trip to get a chicken breast that is NOT cold hard frozen like all of mine for dinner tonight to pair with some of the veggies. 

I have a supposed date tomorrow with a gent I've not nicknamed yet because he's not done anything noteworthy to stand out in a nickname fashion.  We're supposed to meet for dinner at an Irish pub in Old Town, so we'll see how that goes, if it goes. 

Still haven't dealt with the Heart Attack guy.  Also?  What a horrible nickname I've given him.  I'm awful.  But it seems to be his definining characteristic aside from "Hun".  Maybe I should call him that instead.  So Hun texted me last night and I responded back after a long delay, and he wrote back.  I opted of replying to his message since that one ended with "babe".  Today I got "Good morning, hun."  Sigh.  I know I need to extricate myself from this like an adult, but I DON'T WANNA!  :-/

All I wish is that it were Thursday so all the fun things could start.  And I wish I had a good date for "The Great Gatsby".  I will go by myself before I take some random first date guy to something I'm so excited for.

That's all I know on this dreary, rainy Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. I hate the word "hun"!! Like seriously LOATHE. And if you don't know me, don't call me that. But then I show my affection in different ways so him calling you "hun" might just be his affectionate persona (yeah I'm kind of clutching at straws but just go with it! :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing..I think he's legitimately a nice, good person. But the hun/babe/gorgeous thing drives me UP THE WALL, and the heart attack thing still gives me serious pause. I'm being horrible and basically blowing him off today. I need to own up and decide what I'm doing.

      Delete
    2. Completely agree! I don't like terms of endearment in general, especially "babe." I prefer giving nicknames because they are personal and lets me show my quirky/sarcastic side to someone. He is coming on way too strong.

      Delete