Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Just Say No to Dough

So it turns out I'm a sucker sometimes.  I tried to cancel that date on Wednesday night, but I somehow got talked out of it.  We ended up bumping it to later in the evening so I didn't have to rush around when I got home, and switched it from dinner to coffee so it wasn't so much of a time commitment.  I met him in Old Town on a drizzly, gray evening when I would have preferred to just go to the gym and go home. 

Sigh.  He was a nice guy.  Very innocent and polite, nearly formal.  We sat in two high backed armchairs facing one another across a low slung table, and it was awkward and difficult to hold conversation.  This guy made pale me look tan, folks.  As I sat there I kept thinking that he reminded me of uncooked dough.  :-o  Jebus, I know that sounds awful, but he was just so pale, and so bald, and so pale and so bald.  Needless to say, there was less than zero chemistry and I was so grateful to escape after about 30 minutes. 

Hun guy got told again that I don't like being called Hun, Sweetie or Babe.  He apologized, but seems to be backing off, which is welcome.  Hopefully he will just slowly go away, like clouds on a rainy day?  I don't know.  Drift away, Hun.  Drift away!

I went to see Ross Mathews last night, and OMG, he is adorable.  And hilarious.  I don't remember the last time I laughed so much, and so earnestly.  He also just has a really amazing message of self acceptance and empowerment, and I appreciated that aspect of it as well.  I met him and got my book signed and a photo with him after the show, and he was just as nice and genuine as I'd hoped.  :-)  Totally worth the wait in line!  I'm about halfway through his book and it is a great read. 

Tonight I'm going to see Bobby Lee with a group of friends, so I anticipate more laughter this evening.  This makes me happy!  Tomorrow morning I get to wake up bright and early to head into DC for the Susan G. Komen 5K, which I am participating in with a team from my firm.  They have scheduled a brunch for after the 5K, which I'm also attending.  Unfortunately they are predicting rain and storms tomorrow.  I guess we'll see!  I was also supposed to go see a baseball game, but again, that is weather dependent. 

I've got about three gentlemen that want to get together this weekend, but I don't know what will become of that.  They will all be first meetings, so who knows.  I feel like after going out tonight and being out for the morning and early afternoon tomorrow may lead me to want to stay in Saturday.  I do really want to see Gatsby, but I am not brazen enough to go see it solo on a Saturday night!  Maybe in the afternoon if the game gets rained out.  Sunday will probably be grocery store, that's my only for sure plan, aside from a session with my trainer in the morning.

Sometimes I am wistful for having a built in date to things that come up that I want to do.  Example:  Donnie Darko is the midnight movie at a theater I like this weekend, and next weekend is Back to the Future.  I would love to go to both of these, but I know just about no one who is game for an 11:45 movie, even on a weekend!  Very unfortunate!

Okay, enough rambling for this morning.  Off to do some work so I can get to 5pm all the sooner!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! I'm wishing the rain holds off long enough to get the run in. I'm doing the Color Run in Baltimore tomorrow and I know there are other 5Ks in the area tomorrow morning. If there MUST be rain, let it be when we're not trying to run. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the 5k!

    As far as the dough boy, I don't know how you got talked into the date, you are much nicer than myself. I would block the hun dude, stat.

    I don't mind doing things I like by myself. I would just go to the midnight movies, no one is going to make fun of you or say anything, its a movie! in the dark! Take yourself on a date with some junior mints. But sneak those things in cuz movie theaters are too expensive.

    ReplyDelete