Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Focus, I'm lacking it

I have started and deleted half a dozen blog entries this week.  I can't commit to a subject, or it's late at night and I wonder if I'm being too weird, or I get distracted.  Each night after work I go home and I think about all of the things I should be doing.

I should be cleaning up my apartment.
I should be going to the gym.
I should be writing.

If I got credit for thinking about these things, I would be riding sky high with success.  As it turns out, success actually requires some measure of effort.

I did finally drag my sorry self to the gym last night.  I'm going again tonight, and I hope to go each day this weekend, too.  MUST re-establish a routine.  I go in with a goal to do a minimum of 30 minutes, and if I exceed that, all the better.  Last night I  did 45, then came home and did another 20 via Fruit Ninja on the XBox Kinect.  ;-)

Writing, I'm still stuck.  Seriously stuck.  Cleaning I'm less concerned about.  I'm not living in squalor or anything, I could just stand to vacuum.  It's just not that crucial! I did manage to get all of my art hung last weekend.  I was pretty impressed with myself, especially for getting the triptych hung evenly spaced and level. 

I also have art by Artboy now.  So sue me.  Kid is talented, even if he is a generalized pain in my ass. 

The weekend is drawing near.  I'm undertaking a strange task this weekend, which is the first step in figuring out how to sell my wedding rings.  It's time.  I've been divorced since December 2008, separated since November 2007.  Something shifted in the balance of my world this week, and I feel like I really need to unburden myself of these final, solid reminders of that failed marriage.

I am going to visit a local jeweler I've spoken with to get some insight into how to proceed, and what I may expect to get.  I know I will be very lucky to get a quarter of what they're worth, but hey...a quarter of what they're worth is more value to me than the rings anymore.

This is a boring kind of post.  Maybe I will get all thoughtful and introspective in a separate post, but I think I'll let this one be what it is. 

 Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. If only intentions carried as much weight as actual actions! I've been HORRIBLE about going to the gym, too. I just need a routine and that's the hardest part: getting started.

    You may do OK with your rings. If they're gold, the price of gold is super high so hopefully you get a little more bang for your buck. Are you gonna do anything fun with that money?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ames You're right, getting started is the hardest. Every time I do manage it, I do REALLY well for a couple of weeks, then something happens to throw my routine off, like going out of town, and I never get back!

    The rings are actually platinum. I haven't made plans for the money really because I have no idea how much to expect. I would like a vacation. It's just a matter of whether it's an ocean city beach or a Florida beach, LOL. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I once took a bunch of jewelry to some jewelry buyer in Tyson's. It's right next to the Crate and Barrel on INternational drive and route 7. I don't know if they gave me a good deal but after you talk to your jeweler, maybe you might be interested in checking them out.

      Delete
  3. @ames: I may try there next weekend. Got one (depressing) offer this weekend, LOL. Will take it without a better offer because hell, I didn't buy the damn things in the first place, but still!

    ReplyDelete