Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Now I know what desperation looks like.

Date guy texted me this morning to ask if we were still on for tonight.  I told him I needed to cancel, and that my heart wasn't into dating right now.  He responded to tell me that he understood, but that it would be a no pressure kind of hang out night.  He then told me to let him know if I change my mind, and that he thinks I would be glad if I did.  :-/

Sigh.  Maybe the book I'm reading is making me paranoid, but he just seems like too much.  Trying too hard.  The book I'm reading is a scary, disturbing, but awesome story about an abusive, controlling boyfriend.  It's really kind of in my head, but honestly, this guy in real life seems just a little too heavy handed already.  Not in an abusive, book villain kind of way, necessarily, though in another parallel, he's in law enforcement and the guy in the book is a cop, LOL.

Maybe it's totally innocent.  Maybe my imagination is working overtime because of a book and clouding my judgment without me fully realizing it. Maybe he's my soulmate and I'm going to miss out.  But I just have a funny feeling about it, and I don't want to meet him anymore.  No, thank you.

Flawed or not, my gut says no, so I'm going to say no.

5 comments:

  1. I say you made a good call. If you're getting weird vibes, there's usually a reason for it. Never underestimate the power of your inner voice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Something wasn't sitting right, so I'm trusting my instincts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late to the party, but you know I'm all about going with one's gut. Really sounds like you're making the right call!

    ReplyDelete