Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

Moving Day - Phase 1

Phase one of my move to BF's house begins tonight.  :-o :-o

Thanks to a snow day yesterday, I got a lot done.  We were all pretty sure the office would be closed based on the weather forecast, so I definitely gambled and stayed up pretty late on Wednesday night. I've been trying to get through my remaining DVR because the plan is to put my cable on hold during this first month while I'm making sure this is a go plan.  

I managed to get a ton loaded into my car yesterday at various points.  I looked like a nutter loading my car in the middle of a snowstorm, but I wanted to get as much done as possible.  All that I have left are the things that couldn't be left in the cold car overnight, so I'll get those tonight.  My car is going to be stuffed to the brim, I tell you.  I hope I can find a place for everything at BF's house!!  It never seems like as much stuff as it really turns out to be when you're actually moving it.  

I got rid of a ton of stuff and dropped it off for donation Wednesday night, and also got a bunch of trash out.  By last night I ended up with another growing donation pile that I'll have to deal with the next time I come by the apartment.  How can I get rid of THAT MUCH STUFF and still feel like I have so much to lug over?  :-)

I'm excited in theory I guess, but I'll admit that this mostly just feels like any normal weekend.  It probably will start to set in once I'm getting all of these belongings moved in, and it will definitely set in once the work week starts!  

Regarding the commute, I'm trying to really control my thought process on it.  It's weird because when I just think about things in a big picture, whole day sense, it doesn't seem like anything is going to be hugely different.  It's only when I sit down and look at the nitty gritty of the bus schedules and when I'll need to get up, when I'll get home do I feel discouraged.  So I'm trying to not over-analyze the commute and instead focus on the positives:

Morning Commute:
I can sleep, or at least rest for an hour every morning.  If time is really crunched and I want to be able to get up as late as possible, I can be that person doing my makeup on the bus.  ;-)  I can read if I want, I can listen to music, whatever.

Evening Commute:
I could get so much reading done!  I could write for an hour every day on this commute home.  I can catnap, I can listen to music, anything.  

I'm honestly just ready to get into this new routine.  I really can't wait for it to be a week from today when I've done this new deal for a week and have an idea of how it really is.  Right now there's just so much uncertainty-where the park and ride is, how early I need to get there to get parked, get to the bus and get a seat on the bus.  Where the bus dropoff is, and which stop will make the most sense for me.  Uncertainty drives me nuts, so I'll be really glad to get this big thing figured out!

Anyway, this is pretty much all consuming right now.  I look forward to getting settled in and being able to focus on the normal things again.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move! At least you'll see BF everyday when you wake up and I love that feeling!

    Also with moving, I always find it's things like clothes, bedding and FOOD (cans and dried goods) that take up so much room! It's crazy how much stuff there is! You don't know until you move, as you rightly point out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm always so surprised by how much stuff I actually have! It felt really good to get rid of some of it, though I definitely still have too much LOL.

      Delete