Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

strawberry kind of afternoon

I have about two hours of work left today, and I'm restless!  I've gotten a lot taken care of in preparation for my absence, and am actually waiting on a couple more things to land on my desk to finish up before I go.  I'm in this weird holding pattern waiting on other people to finish their part, and I can't do mine until they do. 

I see my trainer tonight at 7pm, and I've been trying to eat okay all day in preparation.  I'm drinking a ton of water, I had strawberries and grapes for breakfast/snack and taco salad  (chicken breast, low sodium taco seasoning, lettuce, reduced fat cheese and a handful of Garden Salsa flavored sun chips for crunch) for lunch.  I did have my white mocha this morning, but that's a given!  Hopefully I at least lost the inch I gained back in my waist after all the damn Christmas cookies last time.  :-)

At this point in the day my mind is pretty much anywhere but work.  Here I sit chugging water, noshing on strawberries and thinking of all the things I need to do tonight before I go.  Trainer.  Maybe a load of laundry.  Dig up some slightly warmer clothes from storage downstairs.  Pack.  Paint my nails a lovely, bright shade of pink. 

I will probably get up about 5 am and catch a cab to the airport around 5:30 or 5:45.  My flight is at 7 am and I'm not checking any bags, so arriving an hour in advance is probably more than sufficient.  Hopefully I can sleep on the plane, but in all reality I'll be lucky to doze.  Planes are simply too uncomfortable to sleep on! 

Because this all materialized at such late notice, it still kind of feels pretend, but  at this time tomorrow I will have been in Orlando for a few hours already.  Yay!

2 comments:

  1. yay!!! Yeah, if it's Reagan, an hour before should be good. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very jealous! I want to go somewhere warm and delightful as well!

    ReplyDelete