Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

a few things I love lately

To balance out the disproportionate amount of bitching and moaning being done on this blog lately, I'm going to try to do a couple of happier, lighter posts to follow up on my gray monday post.

I'm a product junkie, and I love finding new things that work for me.  Here are a couple of things I've discovered recently:

* Honey Almond Butter:  OMFG, so good.  I'm not a honey fan as a stand alone item, but combined with the almond butter it is divine.  It even made my whole grain, nutty bread I bought yesterday (sigh) bearable!  I can't recall the brand offhand, but I do know I bought it at Wegman's and it was not the "Justin's" brand.  I did buy a single serve packet of the Justin's Cashew Butter, but I have yet to try it.  I like the idea of being able to do a nut butter on occasion in lieu of an actual handful of nuts.  I get bored really easily, so any variation is a plus for me!

* Pantene No Crunch Curls Whip:  As a person with naturally curly hair, I have spent my life trying different products to control and maximize the potential of my hair.  I've found a few things that do well enough, but my main issue is always with the crunch factor. I  DO NOT want crunchy curls!  I hadn't bought anything Pantene in years, and had recently been doing more Ulta type hair products for my curls.  However, I am a true sucker and saw a new curls mouuse from Pantene and bought it.  I love it.  It smells so good to me, and it isn't crunchy at all.  Seems to be working really well and I'm a fan! 

* Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collogen Shampoo/Conditioner:  Bought this yesterday, tried it this morning.  Not only am I madly in love with the smell, but my hair feels really soft and nice.  I've been losing a lot of hair lately and I'm hoping this helps.  I think it's a combination of all the exercise and dietary changes, and it happens to me every now and again, so I'm not worried, but I do want to help things improve.  We'll see how it does!

One thing I do NOT love that I tried:  Original Coconut Milk.  Not a fan.  Tried the So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk Creamer and that's good, but the plain, original milk is not for me.  Can't all be winners.  ;-)

10 comments:

  1. I don't love coconut milk either unless I'm cooking/baking with it. Now coconut water....I'm in love with that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm wondering if I had gotten a flavored one (like vanilla) if I would have liked it better, but I think I'm just going to stick with the almond milk and regular skim milk. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a total hair product nut. When my hair was almost at waist length I was using like 5 products to tame, condition, deep condition and defrizz my curls. It was insane. Now with shorter hair? Sooooooooooo much easier to handle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I use two right now post shower, one is an Argan Oil based product and the other is the aforementioned mouuse. I mix the two in my hands and put it on and they both just smell so good together! I also keep my hair short, much easier for lazy me. :)

      Delete
    2. I switched from Argan Oil to Macadamia Nut Oil. My hair is just past my shoulders and I find the Macadamia Nut Oil is keeping it pretty healthy since the chop

      Delete
    3. Maybe Macadamia Nut Oil will be next to try when I run out of this stuff. :)

      Delete
  3. Almond Breeze brand makes a 50/50 almond milk coconut milk that I use and love. However I love coconut milk so its not an issue for me. I barely drink or use milk though. If you try the vanilla kind, make sure its "unsweetened vanilla" the sweetened vanilla is lots of sugar. Tastes good though.

    Trader joes has raw almond butter, its yummy! I put it on sprouted toast and add sliced bananas, or strawberries (if in season). Top your toast with strawberries, its sinfully delicious! Have you tried the Justin's maple almond butter? I always see it, but never dare try it, I think I would get addicted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I will just stick with my regular milk and occasional almond milk. That's enough "milk" for me! :)

      You know, I don't have any desire for the maple almond butter. I only really like maple in syrup. :P

      Delete
  4. I've never had Coconut Milk, but I love plain Almond Milk. So yummy! A friend of mine has a recipe for making almond milk that I'm going to try out someday soon here!

    And now I'm thinking I need to try out this Pantene Mousse. It seems like curly hair will take to a product really well for a couple of months and then it never works again. I'm always trying new stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really like the mousse, even though I haven't bought anything Pantene in years. I actually just bought a second bottle last night to have for when this one runs out!

      I agree with you about curly hair products...hence my eternal merry go round of products!

      Delete