Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

I even drive myself crazy.

So it's thursday, and the weekend is right around the corner.  I always love weekends, but for some reason, I'm acutely aware that this weekend I am probably going to be bored.  I have lunch plans on Saturday, but beyond that, I don't have a single thing on the books.  Part of the problem is that it is Easter weekend.  Lots of people are going out of town to visit their families.  Since I'm not religious and I don't have kids, I basically forget about Easter until someone reminds me.  All it means for me is that some things will probably be closing earlier that day, and brunch spots will be overflowing.

But beyond that, this is partly my own fault.  I could have more plans.  I could have dates.  I could be attending a couple of meetups that caught my eye.  But I don't feel like it.  It makes no sense.  I don't want to be bored, but I don't want to do anything that's available to me.

I would like someone to want to go see a movie with me.  I would like to try Sunday brunch even though it will be insane.  I wouldn't mind a night in of cooking, having a drink and marathoning a show or watching a movie with someone.  Bowling.  Miniature golf.  A walk.  Something.  And yet, nothing like this looms because I don't want to do these things with some awkward stranger on a date. 

Oh, sigh.  I will find a way to make the best of this weekend.  A weekend is still a weekend, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment