Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Five kinds of distracted

I am back from NYC, and back in the office, and I can't focus at all.  I am so distracted, and it's just not happening!  I am not exaggerating when I say that I had the best weekend I've had in...years?  Tis true.  I had so much fun, it was such a liberating, empowering weekend, and I did exactly what I wanted and loved it all.

I look at the pictures from Saturday in particular, and I don't know...it's hard to describe.  I am in awe of the fact that I am capable of looking that amazing.  :-)  I don't know or care what everyone else thought, I felt stunningly beautiful, confident and happy.  I felt like I honestly kind of pulsated with awesomeness. 

Beyond that...if it's wrong to make out with strangers in the midst of a weekend in NYC, then I don't wanna be right.  I LOVE embracing the freedom to just kiss someone and not have it be this earthshattering, emotionally tangled thing.  I met the first guy, S, on Friday night at a speakeasy we went to.  He bought us falafel after (my first ever!) and helped us ward off a trio of rather pushy gentleman who REALLY wanted us to continue the party with them elsewhere. 

Don't worry, he got a silver lining, too...he got to watch their faces when we walked off with one of him instead of three of them as he caught us a cab.  ;-)  He told us that he wasn't sure if we had wanted to go with them instead, we told him no, our loyalty was to our speakeasy friend.  S was rather beautiful, with gorgeous dark brown eyes and big, full lips perfect for kissing a stranger.  :-)

The second stranger was a gentleman we will call M.  I met him at the club we went to Saturday night.  He, too, was beautiful.  I was kind of impressed with myself for the talent I was attracting!  Very sweet, we danced together for about half an hour towards the end of the night. 

The weekend was just such a good time.  I loved staying out all hours of the night, going to bed when it was daylight.  I loved getting all dressed up and knowing I looked good, I loved going to new places, trying new things, navigating my way around NYC.  I felt much more comfortable there this time than last, and in a different time and place I could see myself living there and loving it.  I love the fast pace, all the people, all the things to do. 

Right now I guess I am just sort of basking in the afterglow of a particularly awesome weekend, and it makes it awfully hard to focus on things like work!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had such an incredible weekend. You are gorgeous, anyway, but you look like you know it in these pictures! ;) Seriously . . . good call on that dress. Glad you gave in to the peer pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tracy: Aw, thank you! I did feel spectacular in the dress, I have to say. Can't wait to find an excuse to wear it again, LOL.

    ReplyDelete