Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Remix in progress

So, I'm feeling a lot better today.  After my little breakdown sunday night, I got a little more focused about what I needed to do to get myself out of this slump.  I was still a big, emotional mess yesterday, don't get me wrong.  I was in one of those places  where anyone asking me how I was or if I was okay sent me teetering on the verge of tears.  Just what you want at work! 

However, in spite of this, I was productive. Very productive.  I got the several lingering practical tasks off of my list of things to do, of which I'd finally made a new version.  I did them all in quick succession in one of our phone rooms here at work, and bam, 10 minutes later I was done.  I also made an appointment for Monday with my old therapist.  It was the earliest appointment she had, but I figure it will be good to give myself a week to recalibrate on my own and see where I stand.  I get three sessions free through my work's employee assistance program, so I may as well take advantage.

Last night R came over and I had cooked us dinner.  Chicken sauteed with garlic and other seasonings plus broccoli, green beans, red peppers and zucchini, all over jasmine rice.  It was so good to have a real meal, cooked by me, and I have leftovers for tonight. Score!  R and I watched Monday Night  Football and just hung out, and it was nice. 

After he left, I played a little with my online dating site because really, in spite of what I say, I never quite give up.  I've encountered more than a couple oversexed jerks lately, but I guess that's bound to happen sometimes.  I talked to a couple of nice enough guys, but nothing super magical, and I logged off eventually.  I do admit I stayed up too late last night, but again, that's also bound to happen on occasion.  Overall I've been doing a little better getting to bed earlier. 

Tonight I'm going to check out a couple of gyms.  I need that physical outlet, but I also need to find one that's affordable, preferably without locking me into some long contract.  I know, I know, but a girl can dream.  We'll see.  R also invited me over for a movie night, but that depends on how efficient I am with my other must-do tasks!

Anyway, just wanted to check in.  Yesterday's post was pretty gloom and doom, and while everything is not perfect, things do feel better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment