Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Hooked

So I survived my weekend on my own at the house!  Not only that, I kind of enjoyed it.  ;-)  

BF left Friday morning, so we kissed goodbye on my way out to work that morning.  Friday night I got my shellac manicure while my friend, A got her hair cut at the same salon, and then we went for dinner and drinks at a nearby restaurant.  I made the long commute back afterwards and enjoyed the rest of the night at home.  I got sucked into Season 1 of Orphan Black on Amazon Instant Video and I'm HOOKED.  I've only gotten through 3.5 episodes, but I'm loving it!  It's nice to know the actual show is on Season 3 now, so I've got some viewing to do.  

Saturday morning I got up and met a friend of mine for lunch.  We hadn't hung out in months and so we had a lot to catch up on.  He was very happy for me with regards to my move and I got an update on his dating situation as well.  The weather was GORGEOUS, to, which made the day even better. After lunch I met my friend, A at the mall out in my direction.  We did some shopping and I got a few cute things, and then we went back to the house.  Later on another girlfriend drove out and joined us, so I finally had a couple of my friends see my new place!  

We went out to dinner, got frozen yogurt afterwards and then just spent a couple of hours chatting and catching up at the house.  I had such a good time!  We laughed so much, and that kind of night is just good for the soul.  :-)  

Sunday I got up and went to the gym (FINALLY) and ran an errand before coming home to relax. BF got home around 2 pm, and he was not much worse for the wear aside from some sunburned spots and a crack in his phone screen. Sigh.  He had a good time, though, and I'm glad he got away for this guys weekend.  It was long overdue for their group, and even though it sounded tediously boring to me (SO.MUCH.FISHING), they seemed to enjoy it.  It's funny because they range in age from early thirties to mid-forties, and all have kids, and yet they still like to pretend they are cool, young, unencumbered things.  ;-)  I guess I am grateful that their idea of a guys trip is fishing, grilling and drinking at a lake house for a long weekend as opposed to a debaucherous trip to Vegas or something LOL.

Not much else going on around here.  Kind of looking forward to staff appreciation events this week, as it's something out of the norm.  We'll have J this weekend, so that should be fun since I won't have seen her for two weeks by then.  We'll have lots of Dancing with the Stars to watch (or re-watch, in my case!).  

Main thing on my radar in the next couple of weeks is Omaha.  I'm really looking forward to that trip! Always fun to see the extended family, as they're a much livelier bunch than my immediate, small family.  Plus, I love showing new people around Omaha.  I think they're usually pleasantly surprised!

Off to deal with this Monday of a Monday....


2 comments:

  1. LOVE Orphan Black. I just rewatched the first 2 seasons to anticipate the start of Season 3. Tatiana Mansley (not sure if I spelled that right), is such a great actress! I love Felix though.

    Sounds like a good weekend! I like guys that have that kind of "guys weekend" instead of partying and raging through bars. Shows maturity in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This show is SO good! I'm only 4 episodes in, but I can't wait to watch more...maybe this weekend! I agree, Tatiana Maslany is fantastic. So many totally different characters!

      Yes, I'm glad that their big guys' weekend indulgence is drinking on a boat. :-p

      Delete