Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Suspense!

I am such a blog tease.  :-)

Mostly, I don't want to jinx myself.  I've done this before, where I have a good first date and get all excited and hopeful.  Then it either fizzles out before the second date, or the second date is the kiss of death.  Therefore, I am cautious in my optimism.  I will say that I do have a second date scheduled for Friday night.  This makes me pretty happy!

I will likely talk about this further if Friday goes well.  In the meantime, I will leave you with these tiny pieces from things so far:

Old Town, with a milkshake and an iced coffee, on a gorgeous spring night, is lovely.  Old Town, with a milkshake and an iced coffee, on a gorgeous spring night, walking by the waterfront and spending two hours on a bench with a cute, funny, kind guy, looking at the Potomac and talking?  Even better.

5'10"  - Thusly, meeting my preferred minimum height requirement.  ;-)

Apparent mutual physical attraction...finally! 

I keep writing more, but then erasing it...it feels like I'm overstepping at this point, so I'm taking a step back. 

I have a second date with the coffee date guy from Saturday tonight.  I agreed to it earlier in the week because he was such a nice guy.  Smart, well spoken, we had some common interests.  Attraction?  Not for me really.  But I already agreed, so I feel like I have to go.

Beyond that, I'm tired of putting all my eggs in one boy basket only to have it backfire.  I figured this was not a bad move, just in case.  You never know (unless you secretly know, like I kind of maybe do).  I feel a little bad because my mind is on tomorrow night, and tonight is just something to get through. 

Also?  I'm insanely tired.  I've been going nonstop this week, and it's exhausting in itself.  Then last night I went and stayed up until nearly 4 am for no good reason.  Talk about tired!  In my dream world I get to go home tonight and lay on my couch catching up on my overloaded DVR before crashing early.  In reality, dinner with nice boy, then home.  I should go to the gym, but I am thinking that perhaps getting some quality sleep is worth the sacrifice.  I don't want to go out tomorrow looking tired!

No, no...tomorrow I want to look sparkly and awesome.  First date I made some measure of effort, maybe a 6 on the scale of things.  Tomorrow I would like to aim for an 8.5 or 9, LOL. 

Regardless, I should have further details and updates later this weekend.  I will either be back to give you happy, giddy details of the dates, or a story about how the first date was awesome, and the second date was meh/okay/horrifying.  ;-)

Cross your fingers for something on the happier side for me!

4 comments: