Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Down the rabbit hole

The last 2 weeks have been a mixed bag.  The highlight was the Mumford & Sons concert, of course.  That show was amazing, soulshaking, brilliant.  It was one of those nights I wish I could have bottled up to save forever.  Everyone was singing along, clapping and dancing to the music, and I felt like I was part of something bigger than myself.  It was pretty spectacular!  Definitely one of the coolest experiences I've had in a long, long time.  There is something transcendent about a really good concert with really legitimately talented musicians.  Beyond that, I have a mad crush on Marcus Mumford, LOL.

Concert aside, mixed bag, like I mentioned.  But things have turned a corner, and in this very moment, at 3am on a school night, LOL, I feel pretty damn good.  I'm happy.  I'm following my instincts and taking the advice, insight and opinions of others with a large grain of salt.  I recognize the value of those things, of course, but sometimes there are just situations and times when you need to just follow your own bliss, no matter the ragged or unpredictable path it may take you, and no matter if it may end badly. 

I'm not focusing on forever, I'm focusing on the here and now, and in the here and now, I'm doing exactly what I want to be doing.  :-)

I'm going down the rabbit hole again, and throwing caution to the wind, and hoping for the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment