Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Self-Righteousness: It's What's for Breakfast

BEGIN RANT.

Just got into a sweet verbal rumble with someone wherein the conversation bottom lined with her telling me we can't even discuss the subject because I don't have kids so I can't possibly know, and to talk to her when I do have them.

I find that to be one of the most self-righteous, self-important, obnoxious cop-outs to a discussion ever.  Way to be.

I'm not personally hurt because I don't have children, I just find it ignorant to think that I'm not entitled to an opinion because I haven't had a kid.  Pretty sure I'm still an intelligent human being.  Pretty sure my logical thoughts and experiences through friends and family and LIFE may give me some value in a discussion. 

However, it appears I have no leg to stand on here, no baby to hold up as a talisman of my intrinsic value and expertise on a whole slew of subjects.  Learn something new every day.

END RANT.

9 comments:

  1. Well, duh- didn't you know that having a baby automatically adds at least 30 IQ points to a person. I thought that was common knowledge. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Is THAT why I feel so incomplete? ;) I know the rant is incomplete because I didn't say what it was about, but my head may explode if I get into it and get thrown to the wolves again. But it was related to the idea that when a person has a baby, they have no time to shower/brush their teeth/tend to their own basic needs, even in the most base way. Also, a statement was made that "some people just love their kids more" in regards to the concept of not leaving even a SLEEPING BABY alone in another room for five minutes while you take a shower.

      Delete
  2. Been here 3 million times. People grab for straws when trying to explain how their behavior has gone downhill since having kids. It's crap. Yes, having kids is hard, and your life inevitably changes, but I don't need kids to be able to justify someones shitty behavior. Cant wait to have kids so I can use them as a cop-out in almost any given situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I was discussing something with another person and they bottom lined me with "You don't have kids, you wouldn't understand" all I would say is "Yeah, THANK GOD" and walk away.

    I really hate the entitlement that comes along with having children from SOME mothers. Others don't give a shit, but there are a select few mommies that think they are better than thou or more of a woman than myself because they have ruining their vagina forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely don't think all moms are like that, but for some reason it does breed a really unlikeable quality in many!

      Delete
  4. Ugh. I don't have kids and I don't pretend to know what it's like to have kids, but parents have got to back.the.f**k.off. Their lives, emotions, dreams, and struggles are no more valuable than mine because I didn't push a miniature human being out of my ladyparts.

    That person's logic makes no sense. Does this mean I am I unable to discuss the crisis in Syria because I've never been a refugee? Give me a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just had to walk away because it was so, so infuriating! :-/

      Delete
  5. Been there. And now I have three bonus daughters. Guess what? I was always right... ;)

    SOME parents f-ing blow.

    ReplyDelete