Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Book Musings

So I'm still on my reading spree lately, which I'm happy about.  I continue to be really into John Green books, so I've gone back to read some of his older works to bring myself more up to speed with him.  I recently finished "Paper Towns", which I really enjoyed, and am now reading, "An Abundance of Katherines".  I have to say that so far, I'm not loving that one.  It's kind of boring, and it's just not engaging in the same way.  I'm disappointed, but I guess not every book can be amazing!  Next I want to dig up my copy of "Looking for Alaska" to re-read sooner than later.  I know I really liked that one, and it will be interesting to read it again after reading all of the other John Green books.

I also recently read, "The Never List" by Koethi Zan, which I really enjoyed.  It's a dark book, but it was pretty compelling.

I still have a stack of books to read, and bought a new one on my Kindle the other week called "Eleanor & Park" by Rainbow Rowell.  Read many very good things about it, so that will be coming soon on my reading list.  Not sure what I'll be in the mood for after I finish trudging through "An Abundance of Katherines".  Next week "Doctor Sleep" comes out by Stephen King, which is a sequel of sorts to "The Shining", so I'll definitely be getting that either in Kindle form or hardback. 

5 comments:

  1. Have you read Night Film? Its pretty damn good, I'm almost half way through. Plus, its a long read (600 pages), so it will keep you occupied. I have the mobi file for kindle if you want me to email it to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not. It's on my list of books to check out! Is that one that works okay for Kindle, or do you think it would be better in book form?

      Delete
  2. I think you've inspired me to write my own book post! I spent most of yesterday reading.... I <3 books :)

    ReplyDelete