Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

(Anti)Social Butterfly

Is it wrong that I want to forsake all social plans for New Year's Eve and just go home after work (Boo!), order Chinese food and stay in???

I never committed to any plans, but I've been invited to a couple of different things, as well ast there being a multitude of meetup events for the groups I belong to waiting at the ready.  I just don't think I want to spend my night out at a bar, or a house party, or anywhere but my apartment.  Am I broken?  :-)

Christmas was hectic.  I traveled back to my hometown, I was super busy and didn't even get to see any of my friends.  I got back later than planned due to flight delays, then I spent the afternoon and evening running errands and going to the gym for my workout.  I'm back at work today and it is eerily quiet in the office.  I'll be back again tomorrow, and on Monday (serious Boo!), though we will supposedly close early. 

I just think of New Year's Eve in my head, and I think of Chinese food, pajamas, maybe a marathon of some TV show, and me at home alone when midnight strikes.  I don't want to dress up and play at the bar/meat market.  I don't want to be social with strangers. 

This is what I did last year, too.  Last year I was invited to half a dozen different New Year's events, and none of them sounded like how I wanted to spend my evening.  I spent it at home solo instead, and while I may have had a small pang of regret at midnight, ultimately I was fine.  Life goes on, the year ticks forward.



6 comments:

  1. my favorite new years involve being home. i either fix a nice dinner or order in and watch movies or tv marathons. that's what nb and i will be doing. i hate being out on nye. too many years spent hanging out with people i didn't care to be with and being incredibly nervous driving home. you do whatever you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same exact thing for new years, except I was thinking Thai Food because for some reason there are no good chinese food places in San Diego, they are all really disgusting. And I was thinking of maybe buying a nice bottle of wine, you know, the kind over $10, but less than $20, cuz I'm classy.

    Last year I spent a ton of money on an evening out, and all I had to show for it was a few cute photos and sore feet/legs from being in heels for so long. Forget it. Just thinking about putting on spanx and a cute dress is enough to keep me in yoga pants for all of January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this sentiment. :) If I were part of a couple, no one would think twice about it being okay to be at home for the night on NY's Eve. I'm taking a stand and doing what I want, LOL.

      Delete
  3. You're definitely not alone! I got invited to the usual overpriced open bar events, but none of my friends are going -- plus I'd rather save $120 for something worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's another thing...so much money to go get herded around like cattle, LOL. PASS! :)

      Delete