Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Chop Chop

Oh, the woes of a holiday work week.  It's finally Wednesday, but the week has been dragging!  My birthday week was pretty good.  It's always nice to feel loved and appreciated by my family and friends!  I'm another year older, and hopefully another year wiser.  :-)

Got my hair cut on Friday morning and wow...  It was shorter than expected.  I left feeling a bit shell shocked and a little self-conscious as well.  Definitely the shortest I've had it in a long time!  I was predominantly worried about how it would fare when it was curly.  :-o  Got lots of compliments on it from women, got a couple, "Wow, it's short" from guys.  This is not even a little shocking!  This reinforces my belief that more often than not, men prefer long hair over short.  If that's the case, OH WELL.  It's hair, it will grow, and I ultimately like it shorter than longer!



Please ignore my escaping bra strap, as the shirt had a weird cut and proved challenging all day.  ;-)
Anyway, wore it curly sunday and monday, and it was a bit challenging, too.  But I'll manage until it grows out a bit, and it actually looks pretty cute when blown out.  I did it myself yesterday and not only was it quicker, but it was a cute look!

Really looking forward to the long weekend.  Just one extra day, but I'll take it!  We really don't have any concrete, interesting plans.  I expect to watch fireworks somewhere, I expect to grill food.  That's all I've got so far.  I'd also like to finish watching this latest season of "Orange is the New Black".  I think I have about five episodes left.  Such a great show!


Boring today, so I'm going to wrap this up before I ramble any further about nothing.  Cheers to today being this week's Thursday!




10 comments:

  1. Oh I think it looks super cute and summery! And side note I love seeing real pictures of you!! Enjoy the 4th! I'm looking forward to an extra day off too and the weathers supposed to be perfect all weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm adjusting to it well enough. :-) The compliments from the ladies at work are definitely helping! It's definitely a summery cut, LOL.

      Ah yes, the real life pictures. I try to remain a little incognito for blog purposes, though I sometimes wish I could break cover. :-) Thank you again! Happy 4th of July to you. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. I love it, so bold and fashionable! I'd love to see how you style it curly too... as a fellow curly gal, I love seeing how others do it.

    Men do like longer hair, but who cares what they think? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, bold and fashionable, I do love hearing those words associated with my own hair! :-) Gotta give my stylist credit, he gives a great cut, even if it was shorter than anticipated. It's got such great shape and though it's not the same, I've had an easy enough time straightening it on my own, too!

      I'd love to see how I style it curly, too, LOL. Maybe this weekend! I wore it curly Monday, though pulled back on the sides a bit. Still working that angle out. :-)

      Ultimately I guess I don't care too much about the men loving longer hair thing, as my hair has been short for YEARS. :-) It's on my head, so I get to choose!

      Delete
  3. It looks really cute and elfin-like! That's so brave and amazing! It really suits you - you look so sophisticated and trendy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's really grown on me and the cut is making home blowouts and styling so much easier. :-)

      Delete
  4. Looks good, and I bet the shorter hair will be nice for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a definite perk of the short cut. :-)

      Delete
  5. Love the hair! You make it look so nice. It is so humid where I live that my hair would be a huge poof-ball if I cut it short. And I'm glad the b-day week was a fun one.

    Enjoy Orange is the New Black! I am on episode 5 of the new season. I <3 Bennett!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My stylist did that blowout, but I'm doing a decent job on my own, if I do say so myself! :-)

      Bennett is cute, but he's BAD NEWS! Finished it last weekend. You wrapped on it yet?

      Delete