Pages

Friday, July 10, 2015

Bluemoon as a Golden Girl

Happy Friday!  It doesn't *feel* like a friday, but it is, and you will find no complaints from this girl. Fridays are jeans days, which automatically makes the day better for some reason.  I'm also wearing a bright, vivid purple shirt that I love today and some earrings that match perfectly, which I got in Columbia, Missouri during a visit to my friend T a couple of years back.  They make me happy because they kind of remind me of grape lifesavers.


In addition, I'm rocking my new favorite lipstick, which is the oft-sought and rarely found "your lips, but better" shade for me.  It's a L'oreal Colour Riche balm in the color of "Plush Plum".  I'm madly in love with it because it smells good, it's super moisturizing, and it doesn't need a gloss on top.  Also, the color is just perfect. Bought it with some CVS Bucks yesterday and it was definitely a good choice.



Signed up for Ipsy this week to see how it compares to Birchbox.  I figure I'll give it maybe 2-3 months and see which one I want to stick with.  Both should be coming in the next couple of weeks, so I'll be sure to share my thoughts.  ;-)  I do love getting a box full of random beauty items instead of just a mailbox full of bills and junk mail.

In other news, I sorted out BF's birthday on my own.  Thank you for the suggestions, though!  He's just a tough cookie to gift! He recently mentioned an interest in getting a birdhouse for the backyard, as we have some built in hooks on the fences from previous owners.  I had previously scoped one out on Etsy that was Washington Nationals themed, and I decided to go for it.  It's pretty neat and I think he'll really like it.


While in the Etsy vortex, I also made an impulse purchase of three t-shirts from one shop---one for BF, one for his daughter, J and one for me, LOL.  His is a goofy shirt, which is his favorite kind, J's says "Bye Felicia", which is one of her favorite current sayings, ha.  Mine is....well, behold the awesome of my shirt!

Seriously, who doesn't love The Golden Girls?  I LOVE that show.  I've watched it for years in syndication, and I think I recall it actually being on TV as a first-run series. Anyway, I adore that show,  I adore those ladies, and this shirt is everything.  :-)

The birdhouse and the t-shirts won't arrive until next week, AFTER BF's birthday, but luckily I have a built in excuse for these tardy gifts.  We are renting a house in the mountains of West Virginia Thursday-Sunday, and it was originally planned as a joint birthday celebration for BF and J.  His b-day is 7/11 and hers is 7/22.  So I'm just going to give BF the gifts I currently have on Saturday, and then explain that I wanted to extend his birthday fun into the trip, so I will give him those two gifts at that time.  Cheers!  :-D

In related Golden Girls news....I think I previously mentioned having bought a summer dress at a thrift shop when out running around with J one Saturday.  Well, I haven't had an opportunity to wear it yet, but I think I'm going to bust that baby out Saturday evening for BF's birthday dinner.  We are going to a really nice local restaurant with a reservation and everything...fancy for us.  ;-)

Anyway, this dress is the weirdest thing to me.  It's a slip style dress with this crazy, wildly colorful random pattern on it.  I look at it and it legit screams Old lady Miami!  Golden Girls! to me for some reason. Objectively, I recognize that the pattern is probably pretty damn ugly when you look at it too closely or too long, AND YET....I was drawn to it, and I like it.  It's my Golden Girls dress!  It's the one thing I DON'T have a picture of for this post.  ;-)  I'm going to try to remember to get a pic Saturday since it's not often I wear dresses on the weekend.

This post brought to you by a decaf grande skim Caramel Macchiato, Friday enthusiasm and a feeling of success at finally finishing BF's birthday gift on the day before his actual birthday.  ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I'd really like to hear what your thoughts are on Ipsy. After having Birchbox for a couple of years I just canceled my subscription. I just felt like I was getting the same things over and over regardless of what my profile asked for. I didn't feel like I wanted to use most of it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm torn on Birchbox. Occasionally I get something I like and use, but more often than not most of it goes into my Caboodle (!!!) with hopes that one day I'll figure out how/when to use it. ;-) Hopefully Ipsy provides something different!

      Delete
  2. You are such a thoughtful gift giver! I think he's going to love it. My BFF also loves Golden Girls. I was never to into them but she busts out these quotes sometimes that make me realize how wise those ladies were! Enjoy your date in your fancy new dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! He was really happy with the gifts I had for him, and I will give him the last two tomorrow night once J is back at the house. The birdhouse is just so cool and I think he's going to love it!

      Delete