Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

post-birthday musings


My beautiful flowers from BF.  :-)  Even better on day two, gorgeous on day three!

I had a wonderful birthday.  I took the day off, slept in, got Dunkin Donuts for breakfast.  I spent some Rewards and birthday money from Ulta on new perfume (Philosophy Pure Grace, which just smells clean and lovely and light), and I got a couple of pairs of shorts (black linen and just a cute pair of plain white shorts) elsewhere.  I spent some time at home just relaxing before BF got over to my place, and we spent the evening at a Potomac Nationals baseball game, with birthday dinner consisting of a Nathan's hot dog (YUM) and ballpark nachos for me.  :-)  What can I say, I'm easy to please!  We got Cold Stone Creamery (birthday cake remix!) afterwards.  Once back at my apartment I got to open my gift from him.  He got me a lovely, sweet card, and a beautiful little necklace.  It's delicate and small and perfect, and I LOVE IT.  

My ex-H used to get me jewelry, but it always seemed to be more about where it was from, or how much it cost.  He meant well, but he didn't understand that I'd love something smaller and cheaper if it was more my style.  I loved getting this gift from BF because it's a tangible reminder that I can wear every day to remind me of how lucky I am to have him in my life.  

Between my friends, my family and BF, in addition to the awesome day I spent solo, I had a wonderful birthday!  Next up..planning what to do to celebrate BF's birthday, which is July 11.  :-)

5 comments:

  1. Happy (late) birthday! Dunkin Donuts and nachos in one day... Girl you birthday bad! I'm totally jelly!

    Sounds like a good day, and its good that BF knows "your style".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you have no idea! It was a day long indulgence and I don't feel one bit bad about any of it.
      :-)

      Delete
  2. Have been thinking of you all day and feel like an A-hole for not texting you yesterday. Now it's midnight (I'm in Miami for work and with the fam) and I don't want to text so late. Happy birthday, a day late. I'm glad it was so wonderful. Makes my heart smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries at all, I appreciate the thoughts either way! :-) I was up when you commented, LOL. I'd been continuing my "Orange is the New Black" watching efforts after having dinner with a visiting girlfriend earlier in the evening.

      Thanks for the bday wishes! :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday! Those flowers are beautiful, and it really sounds like a wonderful day. Taking the day off from work, relaxing some at home, and eating some delicious things are some of my favorite birthday activities too...it's great BF got to be added to the mix. :)

    ReplyDelete