Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

The Week Before Christmas

So Christmas is next week.  Craziness!  I am pretty proud of myself because I finished my shopping this weekend.  I will be getting a few more packages this week as the result of online shopping, but I hope to get those wrapped this weekend.  Cheers for adulting and getting this all done in a timely fashion.  :-)

I'm really excited for the looming holiday.  Admittedly, it's been a bit more challenging to get in the Christmas spirit since it's been 70 degrees outside!  This weather made me realize that I'm definitely a person who needs to live where there are seasons, in particular for the holidays.  Maybe one day that will change, but for now, I'm torn between loving that I can go outside without a coat in mid-December and feeling jealous of the snow my Colorado relatives got this weekend!  Conundrum.

My holiday party was last week.  It was a success!  We ate, we had drinks, I danced with my friends and co-workers.  :-)  I had a fabulous time and I think BF enjoyed it, too.  I really do love getting dressed up occasionally and feeling sparkly and fun.  My Etsy purchased holiday party earrings were gorgeous, too!  The second, smaller pair were a freebie thrown in by the seller, which was a lovely surprise.


We stayed at a hotel in Alexandria post-party, so it was a much shorter trip back than it would have been otherwise.  Friday at work was a bit painful, not because I was hungover (because I wasn't, cheers!), but because I was exhausted and holiday parties on Thursdays are mean.  ;-)  I made it through, though, and was so glad for the weekend.

Weekend was nice.  Aside from wrapping up my shopping, we also made a couple of batches of Christmas cookies with J with some cheesy Christmas movie on in the background.  J left Saturday evening and we went out to dinner at a new to us Mexican place, which was fun!  Sunday was gym and football, as it should be.  ;-)

I woke up dreading this work week, to be quite honest.  In spite of the weather, I'm definitely getting into holiday mode and everything else feels like a distraction.  I have a couple of small things going on this week (ie tutoring through my work partnership tomorrow, trainer tomorrow night, lunch with a visiting friend Wednesday, a building breakfast at work Thursday), but I fear that it will be a tedious week at work.  We're also supposed to have our reviews this week and maybe/possibly/hopefully get our raise & bonus memos this week.  My supervisor is behind the curve and hadn't done our reviews yet as of Friday, but hopefully she got them done this weekend since they were due last week!  She's out Friday, so I guess our reviews should be before then.

This weekend will be up for grabs.  We don't have J at all, so we're planning on another date night.  I think we'll go to dinner and then go see the new Tina Fey/Amy Poehler movie, Sisters.  Beyond that, BF has a couple small gifts to get for J, so we'll get that taken care of.  After that, it's Christmas week, which means...BF picking up J Monday morning, breakfast with my friend A Tuesday morning, quality time with BF and J Tuesday afternoon and evening and flying out to Omaha Wednesday morning.  I feel like once we get to the weekend everything is going to be a whirlwind.

Crossing fingers for a fast work week....  :-)

7 comments:

  1. I am SO with you on the weather. I LOVE seasons and cold weather around the holidays. I do think it's supposed to be cold this weekend, and then warm back up just in time for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked at the extended forecast and it may be near 70 on Christmas here! :o It will be in the 30s in Omaha where I'm going, but still supposed to be sixties when I get back to town. Simply crazy!

      Delete
  2. I'd be OK with it being warm for Christmas! I mailed all my presents on November 30 for once, such a relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's impressive! I thought I was on the ball with shopping, LOL.

      Delete
  3. San Diego is like 65-75 pretty much all year. It was hard for the first couple years, but by the end I liked it. Still would miss the snow at times, until I went to Utah and remembered how damn cold it was, then I didn't miss it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the cold is miserable, but it just feels wrong outside LOL. Plus, I'm kind of wanting snow. :o

      Delete
  4. It took me 2 Christmases to get used to the fact that I could walk around in a light jacket in January. I thought I'd miss the snow because it's festive, but I just remember how inconvenient it is :)

    Holiday parties on Thursdays are tough, but I know lots of companies do it that way so people will attend versus weekend. My work's party is in late Jan on a Thursday and I plan to work from home the next day.

    Those earrings are lovely! And so nice of the seller to throw in a treat, people on Etsy are great like that.

    ReplyDelete