Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Flippin' Bored

I'm bored.  Every year I wonder why I come in this week, and every year I remember that its because my boss takes this week off so I can't.  Sigh.

None of our approving partners are here, a lot of staff is out of the office, and it is tediously boring. I originally asked to leave at noon tomorrow, but emailed my supervisor on Monday to ask about working from home that morning instead.  She has not replied, which is a bit frustrating because at any other time (including on vacation) she still checks her email at least once a day.  I'm not sure if I will just suck it up and come in tomorrow for my 3.5 hours or if I'll go to the CFO and ask.  I *really* did not want to be here tomorrow!

Brought lunch today (sandwich and goldfish crackers because I'm 12), but right now I'm feeling like I will need to escape the office for a bit.  I can't believe it's not even noon.  :o

Christmas was great!  My celebration with BF and J was lovely and my trip home was great.  I got a legitimate white Christmas there as 7-8 inches of snow fell on Christmas Eve.  It was gorgeous!  My travels only included a couple of delays on the way out that landed me in Omaha about 2 hours late, which was better than a lot of people had to deal with.

Now the focus has shifted to NY's Eve, which we will be celebrating in a very low key way.  We plan to pick a super casual dinner spot (seriously, like Buffalo Wild Wings or something, LOL) and then come home for drinks, football, Kathy Griffin & Anderson Cooper and a midnight kiss.  :-)  Sunday is our 2 year anniversary so we're also planning to go out to dinner that night, though we've not finalized our destination.

I do love this time of year and a little bit of me dreads it ending after this weekend.  I love how our home looks with all of the Christmas lights and decorations and I love the general spirit of everything.  I'm looking forward to the arrival of 2016 and excited about what it may bring!

I hope everyone had a great holiday and I wish everyone a very happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment