Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I'd rather be washing my hair

I bought two different new sets of shampoo/conditioner last night because I couldn't decide between them.  I also like to alternate between two on a normal basis, anyway, so this wasn't as crazy as it seemed.  I was hoping for a hair miracle this morning when I used one of the new ones, but as usual, my curly hair was just a fuzzy mess.  I started with one product mixed with an argan oil, like I often do, but my hair seemed super awful.  So I added another one, and before I knew it, another one just on a couple spots.  I left the house at that point because I was going to miss my bus, and I immediately knew I'd made a huge error in judgment.

Today Bluemoon's hair is a product-laden mess!  I am burning with the desire to go home and wash all of this crap out, but I've got many more hours left in this workday, and there will be no hair washing for at least 8 hours.  Sigh.  I go through phases where I love my curls and they're working for me, and other times I just feel exasperated with my hair at all times, and nothing I do fixes it...cuts, styling products, finger curling, diffusing, air drying, etc.

In other news, looks like I'm getting moved from my current office at work to a different one on a different floor.  Same building, as we occupy three floors.  The main problem is that I'm getting moved from the floor I love, with most of my work friends on it, to what is basically the most boring space we have.  My biggest gripe aside from getting wrenched away from the social center of things is that I will be several floors away from the two people I work with most in my position, which is our General Counsel and one of the Approving Partners.  Right now they are not only on my same floor, but just down the hallway on either side of my current office.  It's easy to drop things off, pick things up, and stop by for quick meetings.  They are both insanely busy, so usually it's much easier to just catch them spontaneously than it is to schedule with them.  This move is going to add many measures of inconvenience to my job.  In addition, secretaries and attorneys stop by all the time to ask questions or run things by me, and they will NOT be doing that to nearly the same degree once I get moved.  The only people on the floor where I'm going are the CFO, the HR Director, my supervisor, the finance dept. and at times batches of miscellaneous contract attorneys.

I'm not complaining too much because I know that a) it won't make a difference and b) I'm moving to another office and not getting demoted to a cubicle, and the new office does have a window (even if it looks into an alley between our building and the one next to it).  It could be worse, but it's a bummer.  I know the move is coming, but I don't know exactly when.  I've been told it should happen before August, so we'll see. The only little perk is that I do get a weird joy out of organizing new spaces, and so that will be fun.  They'll move all my files and whatever I box up for me, but I will get to figure out how I want everything situated, and I will be leaving behind this awful, gigantic and weirdly laid out desk in favor of a new, more modern and streamlined style.  Cheers to that!

We've had a lot of rain and storms in the last few days, which I do love.  Hot days, stormy evenings.  Today the storms are gone and we've been left with a pretty lovely day in the low to mid eighties without insane humidity.  I'm enjoying it!

BF is coming over tonight as he does most Wednesdays.  I have some chicken breasts cooking in the crockpot with hot sauce for sandwiches tonight, and we'll be having some mixed veggies and probably a small pasta or rice side. I prefer having meals planned in advance if I can swing it when he comes over on week nights so we don't spend a ton of time cooking when we really only get a few useful hours of time to relax together.

I'm going to do a separate post for birthday recap and all other BF related stuff just to avoid this particular post getting too wordy!

In summary, my hair is gross today and while I love my boyfriend, the first thing I want to do when I get home is dunk my head under the shower and wash everything out of my hair!  :-o

No comments:

Post a Comment