Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wednesday should be Thursday

I had big plans for productivity last night.  I was going to do some things around my apartment, do laundry, get to the gym, and paint my nails.  I ended up laying around for longer than planned, eating popcorn on the stove for dinner, watching Dance Moms and some other assorted nonsense.  I stripped my nails, but never managed to get new polish on them.  I am not exaggerating when I say this NEVER HAPPENS.  I am known for my constantly changing, always in reasonably good shape manicures.  My nails feel so naked today!  I had bought a new color I thought I liked, but I put it on my toes last night and it was a bit blah.  It's fine for my feet for now I guess, but it's just not the right mood for my fingernails.  I need something bright and spring-y to pretend that it is NOT in the thirties outside and that I did NOT spend last evening listening to freezing rain pelt my window briefly.  :-o  I may actually just go get a manicure over lunch.  I like to do that periodically to get my nails back in shape since I don't do all of the maintenance on a daily basis personally.

I have maybe plans for dinner tonight with some girlfriends.  If it works out, great, but if not that's okay.  I MUST do at least one load of laundry.  I probably actually have 3-4 loads to do, an accumulation of blankets, towels, and other assorted nonsense, but I can get all the most pressing items in one load.  Beyond that, I definitely need to get to the gym again tonight.  These are my goals!  Laundry & gym.  I dream big, folks!  ;-)

So BF left this morning for his twee family trip to Williamsburg.  He said his family asked if I were coming.  I cannot imagine having my first meeting being on a family trip whereupon we'd all be stuck together for three days in shared space!  He'd asked me about it when they originally planned the trip, and I declined, telling him it was too soon.  I guess it's nice that they asked!  He did say that I'm expected at Easter dinner now, which is fine since I told him I'd go to that.

I've been reading quite a bit lately.  I read "Divergent" after seeing the movie.  Pretty enjoyable, but I suspect I would have liked it better if I'd seen it before the movie, or at least given it some time before I jumped into the book.  Did buy Insurgent, though,and will read that eventually.  I read this fluffy little book called "New England Witch Chronicles" LOL.  It's basically a YA witchy book, but I did enjoy it.  It's a series, so I bought the second book, "Conjured", which is on my to be read list eventually as well.  I also read the Veronica Mars Book, "The Thousand Dollar Tan Line", which is a god awful title.  However, it picked up right where the movie left off, I love Veronica Mars, and I really enjoyed the book. I will definitely continue to read this series just because of my love for the characters.

Right now I'm reading "Come Home" by Lisa Scottoline.  Not the best writing, first of all.  However, the story is decent and I feel compelled to finish it.  It's just one of those books that I feel would have benefited a lot from stronger writing.  Some of it feels a bit juvenile, like something I'd have written in high school.  It's weird, because the reviews for this book talk about what an awesome writer she is, but I just....something about it doesn't click right with me.  Again, good story, meh writing.

I have one more book on my Kindle waiting to be read, and that's "You Should Have Known" by Jean Hanff Korelitz.  I've heard rave reviews about this, so I'm interested to see what I think of it.  Same goes for "The Goldfinch", which I recently picked up in Target and desperately wanted.  It's one of those rare hardbacks that just felt good in my hands.  I decided to order it from Amazon, but now that the book just won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction, it's back ordered by a couple of days, and I'm thinking I may just give in and buy it in Target.  Sometimes the instant gratification is just nice!  I shouldn't be in a rush since I have so many other things to read still!

Anyway, that's all I've got for now.  Happy Wednesday!


1 comment: