Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

content is the new normal

It's weird to just keep being happy with basically all aspects of my life.  I'm doing fun things with my friends like comedy shows, lunches, happy hours.  I'm spending time continuing to get to know my boyfriend, and doing things like cooking comfort food dinners together for this never ending winter.  Case in point?  Tonight BF is coming over and we are making grilled cheese sandwiches (with proscuitto!) and having roasted red pepper tomato soup.

It snowed this morning, and while I'm so ready for spring, I have to admit the snow was gorgeous.  It was like being in a snow globe with huge, fat flakes twirling down from the sky for a couple of hours.  We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow, too.  I guess as long as it doesn't create too much of a hassle on the roads I won't complain too much?

I saw all of these different friends over the weekend and they were all congratulating me on my new relationship, my new man, all of that.  It's kind of funny, but I guess they all just know how long I've been single and frustrated by the options out there, so people are glad to have something go the right way in that area for me.

This weekend I spent Saturday night and a good portion of Sunday at BF's house.  Saturday night he grilled burgers for us, and Sunday he made chili.  He's a NASCAR fan, which I have historically made fun of and not understood.  But because it's an interest of his, I agreed to humor him and watch the Daytona 500 with him.  There were huge rain delays, but before that happened he was so cute explaining things to me, telling me about his favorite driver, etc.  I know I must like him because I found it all really endearing and also found myself watching the end of the race much later that night at home!

BF also met one of my GFs, A on Thursday night.  I think it went really well, and she really seemed to like him.  It was good to have a someone whose opinion matters to me meet him, and really nice when she saw what I saw in him.  :-)  I like gradually bringing him more and more into my world.

There's not a ton of newness going on besides this relationship, which hit the seven week mark since our first date on Monday.  :-)  I continue to wait for spring to come, and for the time for baseball games, miniature golf, and spending time outside!  Winter has to go away eventually....RIGHT?

No comments:

Post a Comment