Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

spaghetti arms

It's been a busy week in Bluemoonland!  Tonight is going to take the cake for the week, though.  Upon my arrival back home after work around 6:15, I have to clean up my apartment, do a load of laundry, paint my nails, go to the trainer and pack.  I also have maybe plans to get to Target for a couple of things, but that may fall by the wayside.

*  I met with my new trainer on Tuesday for our first session.  It was brutal, mostly because I hadn't done any training in over a month and because I've slacked on cardio AND diet.  :-o  However, I think this trainer is perhaps a bit more challenging in some of the technique and details of how exercises are performed.  I already dread going back for session #2 tonight, and will probably keep dreading him for the first month, but I know it will be good for me.  Once I build back up my cardio endurance with my own workouts I'm sure that will help, plus just getting back in the training groove.

My arms and core are super sore from Tuesday, so I imagine tonight will be legs.  I fear the intense soreness that follows a leg workout, and am super thankful I'll have access to a hot tub this weekend.  Ha!

The nice thing is that I have two set sessions every week, same day, same time.  No more of that waiting until Sunday night to get old trainer's schedule, wherein my session moved from day to day and time to time. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:30 pm, I'm there.  Yeah, it sounds late, but I usually go to the gym on my own around 8:30 or 9 pm, so it actually matches my pre-existing schedule.

** Last night I went out to dinner with BF, two girlfriends and R, a guy friend of mine who was in town for work.  BF had only met one of my gfs, so he got to meet two more people in my world.  R is a bit overwhelming conversationally and personality-wise, so it wasn't a flashy debut for BF, but I think it went well and we all had a good time and an obscene amount of laughs!

*** Tomorrow after work BF and I head to a cabin in the Luray/Shenandoah Valley area for the weekend.  I'm really looking forward to our first getaway!  The cabin has a hot tub, a deck with a gorgeous view, an outdoor fire pit, a grill and a hammock, LOL.  I'm excited to take a break from the day to day and just spend a weekend with BF, being outside, enjoying the weather, checking out the Luray Caverns and other little local attractions.

****  Next week after our return on Monday afternoon, my week kind of blows up into craziness.  We have tentative plans for dinner that night with BF's daughter, arranged since he won't have her this weekend. Tuesday night is trainer, Wednesday night is going to BF's daughter's latest play.  Thursday trainer, Friday is a luncheon at work for  a cool cause I've been involved in.  I'm HOPING Friday night stays good and empty, because Saturday morning I have the Susan G. Komen 5K Walk/Run with a team from work, and tentative plans with a friend in the afternoon.  I imagine I'll end up out at BF's either later Saturday or Sunday as well.   My poor cats are going to forget who I am!  ;-)

***** I got a Fitbit Flex last week.  I'm competing with a couple of friends and a friend from work so far.  It's a good little motivator to take the stairs instead of the escalator and such.  Some days are easier than others, and I'm still working out the kinks on making sure it catches my elliptical workouts!  Cool little gadget, though.

****** I secretly long for a full night where I can just come home, get into comfy pjs and marathon some DVR while eating takeout Chinese.  I need a night of Survivor, Grey's Anatomy, Law & Order: SVU.  I can probably have a tiny version of this tonight before gym and after gym, but the gym interruption throws off my flow, and there's definitely not going to be any Chinese takeout.  :-o

That's all I've got for this post right now.  Don't you hate when you're at work and all you can think of is all the things at home or at least NOT at work you should be doing??

*******  I forgot...reading "The Interestings" and LOVING it.  Wish I had time to do that more, too!

2 comments: